I decided to ask Hana Ramezic questions about affiliate marketing because my friend, who works with Hana, recommended her as a very helpful and responsible affiliate manager. Hana Ramezic has been working as an Affiliate Manager for GlobalWide Media ( Formerly Neverblue) for almost two years and been in the digital industry for almost three years. She has Bachelor’s degree in International Marketing (First Class Hons) and knows 5 languages: English, Swedish, Croatian, German and French. Her hobbies: travel, adventure and good cooking.
Hana is a young professional, nevertheless, she manages affiliates very well!
1. I saw your Linkedin profile and noticed that you changed many job positions – from Sales Associate, Account Manager to Affiliate Manager. Why did you decide to become an Affiliate Manager?
I wanted to be in a role that requires strategic planning and daily communication with people in a fast paced environment, so Affiliate Management was an easy choice!
2. How did you get a job in GlobalWide Media (formerly known as Neverblue)?
I was told by a friend of mine who already worked there that they were hiring. She put a good word in for me and arrange an interview with one of the Directors!
3. I know that you have a huge number of affiliates. Could you give some tips for affiliate managers how to manage them? By the way, how many affiliates do you have in the network?
We have over 30 000 active Affiliates on the network. As an Affiliate Manager you are constantly working in a fast paced environment, pushing different offers to various Affiliates all with their own needs. My advice is therefore that you stay organized from day 1. Make use of spreadsheets and make notes of what your Affiliates are looking for and what you currently have that you can give to them. It’s important to have a good relationship with your clients as there is a lot of competition out there, so arrange weekly/daily calls, take them out for a coffee or lunch whenever you can. Understand that time management is key, so make a list of priorities thatyou want to achieve and ensure you stick to it!
4. What do you like most about your job?
Several things! The fast paced environment, the fact that every day brings a different challenge for me to overcome, the frequent travel to different shows and exhibitions and last but not least – my amazing colleagues.
5. GlobalWide Media takes part in many international events to help online marketers to meet face-to-face with company’s experts as well as other companies in their sphere. Do you have any experience of such events? Whether many affiliates come there or not?
We have arranged a few interacts globally with the aim to educate new and potential Affiliates about the industry and our company. The attendance rate depends on the location and our presence in that particular market, but it is usually between 100-250 people. I was part of organizing two events in Europe last year, one in Warsaw and one in London. In 2016 we will be arranging a few more meet ups (location yet to be decided) so stay tuned!
6. Do you think affiliate marketing will change in the near future?
Yes definitely. I have been in the industry for a bit over 2 years and I have seen several major shifts in products/verticals that are promoted and the traffic sources Affiliates are using. The industry is heavily dependent on a handful of platforms (Facebook and Google obviously being the biggest one) that dictate the terms and therefore the future of Affiliate marketing.
7. How would you describe your future in Affiliate Marketing?
Direct media buying has always interested me so I could see myself doing that in the future.
8. How do you like to spend your leisure time?
I don’t have a lot of leisure time as the internet never sleeps (haha). When I do, I tend to go to the gym or host dinners at my place!